Black Bear Crossings Café began in 1997 as a neighborhood coffee house, known for its homemade pastries, gourmet coffee drinks, and free community meeting rooms. With a move into the Historic Como Lakeside Pavilion, our simple café has evolved into a gourmet cafeteria. Our café, located on the first floor, has ample seating, with an additional 40 seats located on the Mezzanine (second floor). The Mezzanine is the perfect space for casual gatherings and celebrations such as birthdays, retirement parties, card clubs, Red Hat gatherings, and even tour bus lunch stops.
Currently we are looking to hire a Breakfast/Prep Cook. The Breakfast/Prep Cook would be expected to assist in growing our food operations by providing the highest standards of food preparations, in accordance with established procedures for food safety. Main responsibilities include:
- Prepare the kitchen for opening, including food for lunchtime.
- Prepare breakfast entrees such as French toast, pancakes, omelets, etc.
- Perform temp checks on all refrigerators & freezers.
- Ensure all food leaves the café at our high standards, and is prepared in accordance with health regulations.
- Prepare food for catering events.
- Thoroughly learn and understand the menu, including gluten free and vegan menus.
- Maintain a clean & tidy kitchen.
- Replenish stock when necessary.
- Wash dishes as you go.
- Maintain accurate records of food temps and waste.
- Perform regular cleaning functions, including trash & recycling.
- Assist cafe servers when necessary and any other duties that may be reasonably expected.
Required skills include excellent communication & interpersonal skills, works well under pressure, organized, reliable, friendly, enthusiastic, conscientious, willing to learn new things, and has the ability to follow written & verbal orders. Previous kitchen experience and Serve Safe certification is preferred. The applicant must be able to stand for long hours, some stooping and lifting required. Working weekends are a must.
To Apply Contact: Brad
Black Bear Crossings is an EEO/SMOKE-DRUG FREE ENVIRONMENT