Wedding venue in St. Paul
What does your perfect wedding look like? Gorgeous setting, beautiful décor, reflective of your personal style and taste, unique and intimate? At Black Bear Crossings Café and Banquet Center, those descriptions are the norm. Located in Como Park, Black Bear Crossings is not only a historic wedding venue in St. Paul, but is able to cater to the specific wishes of the bride and groom. Situated on beautiful Lake Como, it’s the perfect spot for your intimate wedding.
- Ring Blessing: The wedding rings may be placed in a small decorative bag and passed among the guests, who are invited to bless the rings or say a small prayer over them.
- Personalized Music: There’s no need to stick to the tradition music choices. Go with traditional, contemporary, jazz—whatever music genre you like—to reflect the start of your life together and add personality to the ceremony.
- Bouquet Assembly: Family members and special friends are each given a flower and stand at the edge of the aisle as the ceremony is about to start. As the bride walks down the aisle, they each give her their flower, so she assembles the bouquet as she proceeds down the aisle.
- Special Words: Designate one person to be in charge of collecting special memories or thoughts about the couple before the wedding. During the ceremony, that person compiles the thoughts and memories and reads them to the bride and groom.
- Honor Your Heritage: Incorporating an ethnic tradition into your wedding ceremony can make it unique. For example, a bride who’s part Czechoslovakian may choose to have a rosemary wreath in her hair rather than a veil. Brides or grooms with a Filipino background may include the tradition of draping a lasso and veil around them to signify their union. If the bride or groom has an African heritage, they may choose to have their wrists bound together as part of the ceremony.
Whatever your dream for the day, incorporating a special touch here and there will make your wedding memorable and unique. Have fun planning details that will be reflective of both you and your spouse to be.
Located in the historic Como Lakeside Pavilion in St. Paul, Minnesota, Black Bear Crossings Café & Banquet Center manages one of the best coffee shops and gourmet cafés in St. Paul. Stop by for breakfast, lunch or dinner! Black Bear Crossings Café & Banquet Center also hosts music and events in the park, community meetings and is the ideal historic wedding venue in St. Paul.